Medicap will revolutionise the surgical reporting process, providing more detail in less time than before.
Features of Medicap Streamline Surgical Reporting:
- Streamline Surgical Reporting
- Medicap provides surgeons and operating theatre staff with touch screen technology at their fingertips to capture video and still images throughout surgical procedures.
- This visual record can then be automatically integrated with tailored and specific information to create accurate and detailed reports in minutes.
- Medicap will revolutionise the surgical reporting process, providing more detail in less time than ever before.
- The powerful functionality of Medicap and its simplicity is a result of long-term collaboration between surgeons, operating theatre managers and hospital administrators.
- Medicap's greatest value is realised post-surgery; and the benefits extend to medical, nursing and administrative personnel.
- Surgeons use Medicap for generating detailed reports for patient records, demonstrating procedures, teaching and, should it ever be necessary, for legal defence of the procedure.
- Operating theatre managers use Medicap for keeping comprehensive and permanent records of procedures and for tracking the use of consumables during their shifts.
- Hospital administrators benefit from accurate and detailed information for theatre management, patient record keeping, billing and financial reporting.
- In addition, Medicap streamlines medical procedures so that operating theatres can be freed up for additional procedures.
Robust security is one of Medicap's most important features. Medicap uses encryption and multi-level password technologies to ensure sensitive hospital and patient data remains secure and protected.
The power of Medicap is founded on its comprehensive database of surgeon, procedure, hospital and patient information.
Using the Medicap database, a surgeon can compile meaningful and detailed reports with just a few simple steps.
For example, a surgeon may:
- Combine a number of still photos from a patient's procedure with fields from that patient's record;
- Insert standard text to describe the steps of the procedure;
- Select from a list of typical complications for that specific procedure to record any complications experienced during the procedure;
- Select patient prognosis, medication and further treatments from a list of pre-set options customised by the surgeon.
The Medicap database is automatically updated as new information enters the system, and most fields can be customised.
Reports can be printed or saved to PDF format for emailing or for integration into hospital archiving systems such as PACS, ERC etc. They can also be burned directly onto DVD utilising Medicap's integrated CD/DVD burning software.
Superior Image Capture
Medical records require high-quality video images without artefacts.
Medicap includes a professional-level, video-capture engine at MPEG4 compression (with or without audio) with resolution up to 720x568 PAL, producing highly accurate, DVD quality video images suitable for on-screen medical diagnosis.
Fast Report Generation
Medicap's reports module provides text templates which can be predefined with common procedure assessment information specific to a surgeon or specialist's field.
Reports may include a central schematic, still images and detailed text fields. PDF reports and even video clips can be sent electronically to a colleague for consultation either by e-mail, live across a network or streamed to the Internet.