STAIN-PROOF Original™ is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that protects exposed natural stone, tiles, pavers, concrete and grout from damage caused by water, salts and oil-based stains.
Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean, maintain, and keep looking good for longer. STAIN-PROOF Original™ provides lasting protection for natural stone, concrete, terracotta tile, cast stone, paving, sandstone, limestone, brick and grout.
Typical applications: STAIN-PROOF Original™ is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building facades, floors, walls, swimming pool surrounds, patios, garages, kitchens and entertaining areas.
Benefits: STAIN-PROOF Original™ is able to repel stains, graffiti and food products making cleaning easier; non film-forming; able to work without changing the appearance of the surface - keeps the original look; suitable for indoor and outdoor use; able to greatly reduce water uptake and minimise moss growth, freeze thaw spalling and efflorescence; an excellent chloride ion salt screen - ideal for marine and pool areas; highly water vapour permeable, able to breathe so there is no build-up of subsurface moisture, allowing it to dry out; deeply penetrating protecting against weathering and wearing; very alkali resistant; won't break down in contact with cement based materials, able to seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) and does not flake or peel.
Warranty: A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when product applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and surface is maintained regularly using our written maintenance system, as outlined in our warranty document. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimise absorption.
Application rates: Total application rate is approximately one litre per two to 25 sq. metres (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
How to use:
1. ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
2. Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
3. Product is to be applied without thinning.
4. Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like wet look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
5. When the surface becomes touch dry, or a minimum of 10 minutes, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one litre per two to 25 sq. metres (20 to 250 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
6. When the surface becomes touch dry, or a minimum of 10 minutes, to allow the product to penetrate into the surface, polish surface with a clean white dry cloth to remove excess product. If you have waited too long and the product has begun to cure and has become more difficult to remove, moistening the cloth with STAIN-PROOF Original™ should ease polishing.
7. Use an organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
8. Sealer will not prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. STAIN-PROOF Original™ will make the maintenance and cleaning of a treated surface much easier. Once cured, this product is food contact safe.
Dry-Treat | Sealers for Stain & Graffiti Protection
Dry-Treat manufactures for porous building materials, including natural stone, brick, pavers, tiles, engineering concrete and grout. Dry-Treat technology is different - Dry-Treat's innovative impregnators penetrate much deeper and bond permanently inside the pores of the treated material, creating a substantial oil and water repellent barrier.
This substantial barrier, the Dry-Treat barrier, not only provides great stain protection, but is also able to protect from serious common structural damage caused by liquids, including: salt attack, efflorescence, freeze-thaw damage, spalling and picture framing and inhibits the growth of mosses and moulds in the pores of the treated material.
Dry-Treat began in 1991 as a premium developer of specialist concrete sealers for the civil engineering industry, to protect large concrete structures such as bridges, high rises and factory floors in harsh conditions, including seawater and alkaline soil.