The new “DM-100PP” are radiation glasses with leaded lenses that feature a frame and temple bars which are made of the new lead free radiation protection material “Trilliant”. Trilliant is a high performance polyamide and features low weight, durability, bending flexibility and much more.
Meets new Radiation Safety Standard - IEC 61331-3:2014
The New Lead Glasses exceed the current Australian/ New Zealand and conforms with all new major global standards; IEC 61331-3:2014 and DIN 6867-2,tested and certified against a full range of radiation qualities; 50 to 150 kVp. The New Lead Glasses are available in 0.50mm Pb and 0.75mm Pb lead equivalence. The lead glasses shields radiation from every angle - front, top, bottom and sides.
Conventional Lead Glasses do not provide enough protection
Conventional x-ray glasses only protect the eyes from the front due to the leaded lenses in the frame. Some traditional lead glasses offer lateral side shield protection to reduce radiation coming in from the side. The Frame of conventional glasses is made of non-protecting material, e.g. plastic. Therefore, these glasses still don’t provide enough protection and let fluorescence and scatter radiation through the top and bottom of lead glasses.
- Traditional lead glasses are also heavier to wear.
- Gaps between main frame and temple bars, letting x-ray through
- High-index prescription limited to frame or not available.
- Tested & certified for usually 90 or 100kVp.
- Only meets current AU/NZS 4543.3-2000.
The NEW x-ray glasses “DM-100PP” break with these traditions on several levels;
- 100% x-ray protection: Frontal, side, top and bottom protection
- Frame, temple bars made of lead-free protection material "Trilliant".
- No gaps between main frame and temple bars
- Light weight - 94grams
- Low to high-index prescription options
- Tested & certified for 50kVp-150kVp
- Meets current AU/NZ 4543.3-2000 & new IEC 61331.3-2014
The New Lead Glasses are available from May 2018
For your no obligation Free trial of these high performance Lead Glasses please call or use the MedicalSearch email form.