Parts of a Hollister Two-Piece Ostomy System:
- Pouch - Bag that collects stool or urine
- Skin barrier - Adhesive part that fits around the stoma to protect the skin. (Some skin barriers include a tape border to help hold the barrier in place)
- Flange - plastic ring on both the pouch and skin barrier that provides a secure attachment. To work, both flanges must be the same size and be from the same product family.
Advantages of a Hollister Two-Piece Ostomy System:
- The pouch can be removed without removing the skin barrier
- Because it is separate from the pouch, the skin barrier can be more easily positioned around the stoma