• Fast 10 minute ‘ABI’ assessment
• Simple1 fully-automated operation
• Highly accurate and REPRODUCIBLE results
• MEDICARE REBATE APPLIES
Ankle-Brachial Index is the ratio of ankle systolic blood pressure relative to brachial systolic blood pressure. ABI correlates well with the degree of stenosis in lower extremity arteries, and is widely used to assess peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
“A low ABI (0.9 or less) predicted vastly increased risks of 10-year cardiovascular mortality in both men and women.”
The VP1000 uses 4 blood pressure cuffs (one on each limb) and highly sensitive electronic pressure transducers to very accurately measure arterial blood pressure and waveform automatically.
The assessment process requires minimal technical skill and time, and is able to be performed by a suitably trained nurse or other healthcare professional.
• Simultaneous BP measurement in all 4 limbs (eliminating fluctuations normally found between individual measurements)
• Linear cuff deflation with 1mmHg increments
• ECG detects arrhythmias which affect BP & can reduce accuracy
• ‘the automated approach is free of observer bias’.