The new AccuVein AV500 is the latest in vein visualization from AccuVein. Now a class 1 device, the AV500 displays veins using a bright green projection with three brightness settings and an inverse mode.
The AccuVein® AV500 digitally displays a map of the vasculature on the surface of the skin in real time, allowing clinicians to verify vein patency and avoid valves or bifurcations. It is handheld and lightweight, weighing only 283g, and easily converts to hands-free with the use of optional wheeled or fixed stands.
The medical grade design allows the device to be easily wiped clean, bagged for use in isolation, and does not require calibration as it is permanently aligned. The easy to use AV500 can be held in any direction above the vein being viewed. Universal and inverse modes make the AV500 useful on a variety of patient types. With centre line accuracy to the width of a human hair, the AV500 can detect veins up to 10 mm deep.
More effective venepuncture procedures with less patient discomfort result in higher patient satisfaction, making it clear why many facilities have chosen to incorporate AccuVein into their standard of care.
• Easy to use. No calibration or adjustment necessary, ready for immediate use. Device can be held at any direction, and a range of distances from the skin’s surface.
• Vein visualisation. A map of peripheral veins is projected on the skin, adding sight to an otherwise blind procedure.
• Lightweight, Portable. At only 283g, it’s a true portable handheld device. It’s easy to hold for thorough patient assessment.
• Long battery life. Up to three hours of active usage on a single charge.
• Movement tolerant. Shows veins in real time with no lag, allowing the device to accommodate patient movement.
• Flexible viewing modes. The standard viewing mode, an inverse mode and brightness level options are available.
• Sealed Design. No vents or openings allow the device to simply be wiped clean without the use of special tools.
• Chemical resistance. New plastic formulated to resist damage from hospital cleaning.
• No fans. Can be covered for enhanced contamination management.
•Class 1 Laser Rating. Safe to use with no special precautions required.
•Timeout Choices.Can be configured to turn off in 10 minutes or stay always on.
• Accuracy. Permanently aligned; center line accurate to less than the width of a human hair.
• Broad patient utility. Vein detection works on all skin tones, ages and body types.
• Medical grade design. The AV500 is non-contact and its medical grade design with no vents or openings allows for the device to simply be wiped clean. The device can also be bagged for use in isolation or operating rooms.
• Simplified User Interface. New OLED display with simplified user interface improves usability.
• MRI Safe.Device is useable in MRI Zones 1, 2, & 3.
• Permanently aligned. There is no need for preventive maintenance since the optical system is permanently aligned.
• Wipe Clean. The AV500 can be easily cleaned with alcohol or hospital wipes.
• Works in light and dark. The bright projection can be dimmed for use in dark environments.