SWS software also supports ultrasound systems made by other vendors.
With SWS software, ultrasound examinations are automatically stored in a central location, which simplifies the management and retrieval of examination and procedural guidance data. The SWS software can support up to 100 user accounts, is compatible with PC and Mac® platforms, and provides flexibility for auditing user log-in activity.
The electronic medical record (EMR) and PACS systems are playing a predominant role in automating the business processes for:
- Electronic documentation, including sorting, searching, managing, and archiving ultrasound images and examinations
- Exchanging information with referring physicians and teaching
- Automating the workflow enhances overall patient care and provider productivity, which directly results in increased facility revenue and patient satisfaction.
With SonoSite Workflow Solutions, you can
- Search for patient examinations by date, patient name, patient identification number, examination type, user, accession, or location
- View patient studies and edit patient information
- Review examinations, as well as provide feedback and comments
- Complete worksheets specific to the types of ultrasound examinations performed
- Temporarily enhance images with brightness and contrast controls (PC or Mac®)
- Send reports to EMR with support from SonoSite for HL7 interface
- Create reports to be exported and used for printing and updating patient electronic medical records
- Export ultrasound images to other media channels while maintaining HIPPA compliance
- Export data to Excel spreadsheets for improved quality assurance and credentialing capabilities
- Archive an unlimited number of patient ultrasound examinations on a PC or Mac computer
- Retain control over the management of patient examination data
- Enable multiple privilege levels with SonoSite Workflow Solutions user accounts.
- Accept ultrasound studies from systems manufactured by vendors other than SonoSite.
- Use a wired or wireless network connection to retrieve images and data.