The HealBand Foam Dressings Range features a THREE layer construction which is perfect for wound healing. Benefits:
The layered construction of the dressing features 4mm soft absorbent polyurethane foam. The foam has a micro thin perforated skin contact layer with sealed edges which wont stick to wounds and allows the exudate to move away from the wound. HealBand foam dressings are backed by a breathable elastic waterproof polyurethane top layer which allows the skin to breathe but keeps the exudate in.
- HealBand Foam dressings feature a micro?thin skin contact layer (20microns) which wont stick to
- wounds and aids in moving exudate away from the skin.
- The highly absorbent central hydrocellular foam layer (up to 20 g/g) is perfectly suited for use on wounds
- with medium to high exudation.
- The waterproof, breathable top layer allows the wound to “breathe” yet provides protection to the wound
- from outside contaminants.
- HealBand Foam Dressings also provide padded wound protection for patient comfort.
- Sealed edges on the foam dressings aid in containing wound exudate (not available on the Heel and
- Tracheotomy range).
- The micro-thin non-adhesive skin contact layer regulates absorption and prevents blockage of the foam
- cells by thick exudate.
- HealBand’s hydrocellular foam core absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic cell structure (up to 20g/g).
- The HealBand foam dressings are so effective that they are able to retain up to 90% of absorbed exudate
- under compression.
- HealBand foam dressings feature a high water vapour permeability of 5000gms/sgm/24hrs.
- The moist wound environment created by the HealBand foam dressings promotes early wound healing.
- The breathable waterproof film layer of the foam dressings allows excess moisture to evaporate away
- from the dressing resulting in the formation of a moist wound environment. This feature eliminates the need
- for frequent dressing changes which can create extra trauma for the healing wound.