Heres a list of commonly asked questions about our Foaming Skin Cleanser | Peri-Foam.
Q. Can Peri -Foam be used for Urinary and Faecal incontinence? A. Yes, the added benefit is the odour neutraliser
Q. How often should I use Peri -Foam? A. As often as required, Peri -Foam is water based and will not cause any build up of product on theskin.
Q. Will Peri -Foam affect the absorbency of disposable or re -usable incontinence pads? A. No. Peri -Foam is water based and will not affect the absorbency of pads.
Q. Is Peri -Foam only used in Aged Care? A. No. Peri -Foam is now being used in Palliative Care as a full body wash, Homenursing,CommunityNursing,Travelling,Outdoor activities,Camping etc. Peri -Foam can be used for any type of personal hygiene requirements.
Q. Why use Peri -Foam in place of soap and water? A. Through controlled trials conducted in nursing home environments, Peri -Foam has proven to be more cost effective than soap and water and is far more soothing on the skin.
Q. Is Peri -Foam only useful forincontinence? A. No. Although originally developed as a skin management product for incontinence, Peri -Foam is now being used as a full body wash for patients with limited mobility.
- Easy to use
- Does not affect the absorbency of incontinence pads
- Effective skin management
- Clears excoriations
- Soothes irritated skin
- Eliminates odours
- Beneficial for skin subject to breakdown
- Water based, no need to rinse off
- Can be used for bed bathing
- Cost effective skin management
SKIN MANAGEMENT: Protect Skin & Reduce Handling
To help maintain skin integrity, a common problem is skin fragility and damage which requires extra time and care when being washed or showered.
Results of using PERI FOAM during trials found;
- Cost savings of up to 57 per cent (not including staff time).
- The number of face washers used was reduced.
- The use of extra barrier creams & moisturisers were substantially reduced, as PERI FOAM replaced them.
- PERI FOAM has distinct advantages over the usual hygiene products and methods used with incontinent residents.
- PERI FOAM is easy to use, and is very good for skin integrity because of the built-in moisturizers, the natural benefits of Tea Tree oil and other herbal extracts.
- It is time effective, due to its multi-purpose formula, and this reduced time for hygiene lessens the likelihood of residents becoming anxious, agitated or aggressive.
- For residents at the palliative stage, it eliminates the need for daily showering, and also reduces the amount of time and handling required during bed-sponging.
Comments and observations from staff:
- PERI FOAM reduced number of excoriations
- Immediate reduction of odour, especially after Peri-foam is used
- Tea Tree/lemon smell lingers on residents skin
- Excellent for the removal of faeces • Excellent barrier protection
- Residents have commented on the nice smell