Hydrotherapy is a part of medicine that involves the use of water for pain relief and treatment. It is particularly used in occupational therapy and physiotherapy.
What benefits does it have?
Hydrotherapy is a method of effectively relieving pain and promoting wellness in a number of different areas, including relieving anxiety and tension. It is commonly used to assist with:
- Headaches and migraines
- Poor circulation
- Muscle and joint pain
- Sports-related injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Chronic pain
- Tendonitis and Insomnia
How does a hydrotherapy spa vary from a pool type spa?
Most walk-in baths sold in Australia have Chinese origin, standard pool spas installed. Here are the differences between pool spas and purpose made hydrotherapy spas
- The spa jets used in pools spas have outlets in the centre of the jets. The pressure required in hydrotherapy applications is higher than in pools applications and a central jet outlet would cause 'drilling' damage to the skin, particularly with aged and delicate skin. Below is an image of one of the 16 jets used in Windsor Baths, you will notice that there are 6 outlets on the RIM of the jets, allowing much higher pressure to be used to have a true hydrotherapy outcome without damaging skin.
- Automatic system purging between uses. Twenty minutes after you leave your Windsor bath, the system automatically purges itself to prevent passing any bacteria [e.g. from a skin infection] back to yourself or another user.
- Air Heating for maximum effect without any risk of burning. This innovative high quality ceramic air heater was created with a unique design that optimizes the heat exchange through the small openings for a better heat distribution through your system. The air heater temperature is always calibrated with the selected speed of the blower. When the blower is at 80% of its speed, the heating will function proportionally for the best effect. The result, maximum effect without any burning risk.
- Commercial grade motor and components. Pool spas are used spasmodically whereas our baths are used for many hours daily for decades in care organisations. The motor is specially designed and engineered for air blowers. Already tested and approved, it has been on the market since 1998. Thermally protected. Specially designed for quieter performance. All motors are equipped with high quality exclusive long life brushes and have been tested for over 1500 consecutive hours usage.
- Complete system control. From a low power relaxing massage to a much invigorating massage created through a high power air flow, the integrated control is completely variable so that the user can choose exactly what he needs. You don’t need water in the bath to use it. Many people turn it on 5 minutes before getting into the bath to gently warm the bath inside. Making this even more interesting is the "wave" effect where the speed alternates between strong and soft to create a very efficient lymphatic massage