Leica Biosystems Melbourne Pty Ltd is a leading participant in the international healthcare market.
Proprietary high value instruments and reagents are aimed at the cancer detection market and contract Research and Development services offer medical instrument, device and consumable factory automation. The contract Research and Development operations also services the fast moving consumer goods segment in a similar way.
The company comprises of two business segments, which operate on a global basis:
Contract Research and Development Services - provides unique product development and process automation capabilities to internal and external customers, with a focus on medical instruments, devices and consumables and fast moving consumer goods.
Clinical Diagnostics - produces automated system solutions to the cancer detection market.
The objective of the Leica Biosystems Melbourne Pty Ltd is to actively grow international sales in key markets with innovative products and services, driven by ongoing investment in the company's technology base.
Vision Systems' long-term strategy is aimed at achieving sustainable shareholder wealth creation and has the following major planks:
1. Develop and manufacture high value products.
2. Operate in high growth global markets.
3. Achieve majority of sales from international markets.
4. Enhance shareholder wealth through the use of contract Research and Development services as a profit centre and source of new products for the group.
5. Maximise the intellectual property investment of the company and routes to market, whilst minimising the extent of vertical integration in manufacturing.