Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction that can be life-threatening and MUST be treated as a medical emergency.
The journey from diagnosis to living a normal life with a life-threatening allergy can at times prove overwhelming, although it is possible. An effective management plan is the key to living normally with severe allergies.
Learning about your Anapen® adrenaline auto-injector is an important step in your management plan, as is feeling confident in your ability to self-administer adrenaline, and the ability of those around you to administer when needed. For further information talk to your healthcare professional.
Anapen - Only use an adrenaline auto-injector as directed. Seek your healthcare professional's advice
It’s important to care for the Anapen® adrenaline auto-injector
Like any other medication, adrenaline requires specific care. It is important to consider storage, transport and easy access to the adrenaline auto-injector.
- Store between 15°C and 25°C.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze
- Protect from light
- Ensure the adrenaline auto-injector is easily accessible
- Keep a copy of your ASCIA Action Plan with your adrenaline auto-injector
- Ensure your adrenaline auto-injector is within its “Use By” date (expiry date)
- For further information, talk to your doctor.
ExpiryThe ANAlert Expiry Alert is a free alert service designed to remind you to replace your Anapen® before it expires, helping ensure it is within its “Use By” or “Expiry Date”