Find and buy pressure care mattresses from verified suppliers on MedicalSearch. Pressure care mattresses help prevent pressure ulcers by evenly distributing body weight and dispersing pressure away from bone protrusions, thus promoting proper circulation.
Things to consider when buying a Pressure Care Mattress:
- Type of mattress surface - One of the most crucial considerations is the type of pressure relieving surface depending on your specific needs. There are three types of pressure care mattress surface including static (foam), alternating (dynamic), and hybrid (combination).
- Mattress design - Consider whether you need an adjustable mattress or a low-tech mattress. With the adjustable mattress, you inflate or deflate to your patient’s physical needs and preferences. Low-tech mattresses are mostly filled with foam, gel, air, or fiber and most often not adjustable.
- Mattress filler - Before you make a purchase, consider whether you want a mattress filled with water, gel, air, fiber or foam.
- Water filled mattress - Conforms to a patient’s body and distributes body weight evenly.
- Air-filled mattresses - Can inflate or deflate to either increase or decrease pressure according to your patient’s needs and comfort.
- Foam mattresses - Can be cross cut and can conform to a patient’s body and also prevents shearing.
- Gel-filled mattresses - Also conform to the body and offer a cooler, cushioned and comfortable sleeping surface.
- System type - Pressure care mattresses come in two different forms namely overlay system and full replacement system.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on Ultrasound Machines. Delivery available Australia wide.