Features and Benefits of the Pelican Manufacturing Slide and Turn Sheet:
- Log rolling patients is avoided as you can sleep directly on top of this breathable material. The Slide and Turn Sheet makes turning patients in bed much easier.
- Log rolling patients is avoided by using the Pelican Slide and Turn Sheet. This special breatheable sheet is placed on the bed and stays in position with a very strong breatheable foam that will withstand commercial washing.
- The patient can sleep directly on top of the Pelican Slide and Turn Sheet as the sheet is breatheable.
- When it is necessary to turn the patient, the Carers simply hold the top section and pull it as if pulling a normal Bed Slide Sheet.
- The patient can be turned from side to side, or left sleeping on their back, before moving them on to their side. They can also be moved up the bed, assisted to sit up and helped to get out of bed with the sheet.
- The Pelican Slide and Turn Sheet is much easier to use with very large patients who are difficult to log roll. The patients who have very fragile skin also benefit as there is less touching the patient when turning them. It has been reported that some patients who may be aggressive when they are disturbed may not even wake up when they are being turned.
- The Slide and Turn Sheet is normally used by one carer, though with heavier patients, it may be possible for two carers to use their combined body weights to turn a patient. Alternatively, sometimes one carer may pull the Slide and Turn Sheet while the second carer will push the patient across the bed. This can only be done if the pushing will not harm the patient.
For patients who wriggle around the bed a lot, we recommend the original Bed Slide Sheet. For some mentally alert but physically weak people, the Pelican Turn Yourself Sheet can make them independent to turn themselves in bed.
The Pelican Turn Yourself Sheet is a smaller version of the Slide and Turn Sheet. This has been used by people with Motor Neurone Disease, acute arthritis and other ailments where these people have had great difficulty when turning in bed.
Consult your Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Back Care Specialist when using Manual Handling Products.
Hand or machine wash only, up to 80°C. Air dry or cool tumble dry. Increase & decrease temperature gradually. Do not use chlorine bleach or fabric softener. For a longer lifespan, wash at 65°C for 45 minutes. Do not use chlorine bleach or fabric softener. We suggest using hydrogen peroxide or peracetic acid.
Air dry in shade or cool tumble dry. Never place in a hot drum. Nylon fabrics can suffer with rapid changes in temperature. Increase and decrease the washing and drying temperatures in stages. Excessive heat may damage the yarn and cause shrinkage.
For infection control, machine wash up to 80°C, making sure to increase and decrease the temperatures in stages.
For thermal disinfection, it is suggested:
- 5 minutes @ 80°C
- 8 minutes @ 75°C
- 10 minutes @ 70°C
- 12 minutes @ 68°C
- 15 minutes @ 60°C.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which side and which way around does this item go on the bed?
The foam on the bottom of the Slide and Turn Sheet goes directly on the bed (or under draw sheets if preferred) with the openings on each side of the bed.
For further information about the Slide and Turn Sheet visit Pelican Manufacturing at www.pelicanmanufacturing.com.au
Use the IndustrySearch e-mail feature and one of the Pelican Manufacturing team will respond to your enquiry directly.
Hospital, Nursing, Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy Equipment