What are the options for monitoring?
There are four choices.
1. Periodic measurement and manual recording of temperatures at proscribed intervals
2. Data logging using discrete battery powered loggers with the need to download and save data periodically .
3. Data logging with a wired or wireless system linked to a PC on site which can store data and send SMS alarms.
4. Fully automated "cloud " based monitoring with SMS alarming system
Vaccines and other biological products including blood, have regulations governing their storage and temperature monitoring. Assuming the refrigerator is fit for purpose and in good condition, and set up correctly with heat sinks and racks, it is still possible for there to be temperature related events with excursions to higher than recommended temperatures, or far worse, below freezing. If these conditions "recover" in between temperature measurements , then records of these events may be lost.
If a min/max thermometer measures a high alarm there is no record of the duration of the alarm condition and the product is normally scrapped.
GSM based temperature monitoring system from ECEFast
We have developed the software, built the hardware, manufactured the probes, and tested the system for more than 12 months live.
- No wiring required - just plug in to a power point and put the probe in the refrigerator - flat cable through the door seal
- Switch on - the unit starts saving data immediately
- SMS alarms on power failure, or temperature alarm
- NATA certified system - ECEFast accreditation #5473