Find and buy endoscopes from verified suppliers on MedicalSearch. An endoscope is used to examine the interior of a hollow organ or cavity of the body.
Factors to consider when buying an endoscope:
- Types of endoscopes - Choose the one best suited for the intended use.
- Rigid – Ideal application in the examination of areas that are not very sinuous. Often used in general surgery, gynecology and urology and otolaryngology. There are two main types: endoscopes that are inserted through natural openings in the body and laparoscopes that are inserted through incisions.
- Flexible – Ideal application in the examination of sinuous areas. Often used in pulmonology and gastroenterology. There are two main types: fibre endoscopes that are mainly used for observation and video endoscopes for surgical manipulations.
- Design and ergonomics – For comfortable use, the device arm must be stable and move smoothly, and the diopter must be adjustable for visual correction.
- Display features – Modern devices often have HD cameras, autofluorescence imaging and electronic zoom for high-quality images. Display monitor must accurately capture images in real-time.
- Illumination – Adequate and even illumination provides a clear view of the area being examined.
- Field of view – This is influenced by focus range, bending angle and angular field of the device’s distal end.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on endoscopes. Delivery available Australia wide.