Find and buy blood pressure monitors from verified suppliers on MedicalSearch. A blood pressure monitor is used for non-invasive measurement of systolic and diastolic pressure.
Factors to consider when buying a blood pressure monitor:
- Electronic - Automatically inflate the cuff with the push of a button, often used for blood pressure monitoring at home.
- Arm cuff models - Consists of an electronic pressure gauge and an armband.
- Wrist cuff models - The electronic pressure gauge is mounted on the cuff, usually have larger displays.
- Manual - Requires the user to inflate the cuff by pumping a bulb.
- Cuff-mounted - First to be commercialized, features a pressure gauge attached to the cuff.
- Handheld - Most popular model, features a pressure gauge attached at the same level as the bulb.
- Accuracy - Upper arm blood pressure monitors are usually more accurate .
- Cuff size - Must fit all types of patients. Standard cuffs that come with the monitors are usually medium.
- Display - Must have a user-friendly interface with big buttons and easy-to-read results.
- Adjustability - The inflation level should be adjustable so that the systolic blood pressure can be programmed.
- Connectivity - Some models can be connected to a computer, tablet or smartphone via Bluetooth or WiFi.
- Other features to consider - Memory storage, multiple user memories, memory download capability, mains power adapter, irregular heartbeat display, hypertension detector and data averaging function
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on blood pressure monitors. Delivery available Australia wide.