Urethral bulking using Bulkamid® has become an important option for patients asking for minimally invasive treatments of SUI. The injection procedure is normally performed under local anaesthesia and involves three small deposits of Bulkamid® Hydrogel Urethral Bulking Agent being injected into the wall of the urethra to improve the closing mechanism helping to prevent leakage from the bladder.
- Polyacrylamide hydrogel, consisting of 2.5% cross-linked polyacrylamide and 97.5% water
- Biocompatible – fully accepted by the host tissue
- Homogenous – no micro particles to induce inflammatory reactions
- No immunogenicity – no allergic reactions
- Visco-elastic properties – maintains tissue elasticity and the bulking effect without tissue hardening
- Total tissue integration – maintains volume and stays in place over time
For more information please call or use the MedicalSearch email form for a direct reply.