This guide may be modified by the surgeon for individual patients.
The Shoulder Abductor abducts the arm at about 15° depending on the way it is fitted, as does the Arm Sling & Abductor Pillow.
To Fit the Shoulder Abductor:
1) With either tapered side of the cushion facing upwards, the arm angle will vary depending on the tapered side selected to face upwards. Position the cushion up as high as possible under the affected arm.
2) Attach the end of the Chest Belt that only has one piece of Hook and Loop Tape, on to the front of the cushion. Pass the belt across the chest, around the back and fasten the Hook and Loop Tape on to the cushion in front before overlapping the start of the Belt.
3) Secure Biceps Cuff to the side of the cushion & fasten around arm to abduct the upper arm.
4) Fasten Wrist Cuff around wrist with the buckle hanging down and attach to the front of the cushion.
5) Fasten the Shoulder Strap to the Chest Strap on the patient’s back. Pass the Shoulder Strap over the unaffected shoulder and buckle to the Wrist Cuff, adjusting strap as needed.
Washing: the Removable Cushion Cover can be unzipped for machine or hand washing, under 80°C. Do not tumble dry.
For further information about the Theatre & Post Operative Care Items - Shoulder Abductor visit Pelican Manufacturing at www.pelicanmanufacturing.com.au
Use the IndustrySearch e-mail feature below and one of the Pelican Manufacturing team will respond to your enquiry directly.
Hospital, Nursing, Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy Equipment