Features and Benefits of Rainbow® Elbow and Knee Stabilisers:
- "Robot Arms" start out as a flat sheet and are formed into a cylinder around the arms or legs.
- The cylinder prevents elbows and knees from bending, thus preventing sudden, unexpected movements.
- These stabilisers are easy to apply and to remove, and are non-threatening for patients and parents.
- The Rainbow® Elbow and Knee Stabilisers are also useful as an additional level of security inside the "Rainbow® Wrap" when a patient is particularly agitated.
- One set of stabilisers can be used on either elbows or knees. Where one size works on a patient's elbows, the next size up usually works on the same patient's knees.
- Size EKS-5L is meant for tall, thin patients (without developed biceps or thighs).
- Sizes EKS-6 and EKS-7 are trapezoidal shape (wider on top) for bulkier biceps or thighs.