The trend-setting principle of the slab laser provides highest reliability. The laser operates with only a few extremely durable components and does not need conventional gas recirculation-leading to a considerable reduction of maintenance and service. Also gas consumption is minimized: the integrated gas bottle eliminates the need for an external gas supply. In addition, the excellent beam quality of K=0.95 makes the fastest cuts and deepest weld seams. With its excellent attributes and high efficiency, the Rofin Slab Laser has become a mainstream tool in countless production lines around the world.
CO² laser without gas recirculation. The secret for this decisive technology are the two water-cooled electrodes (slabs). High frequency between these electrodes leads to stimulation of the laser gas. The optical resonator is formed by the front and rear mirrors and the two electrodes. The heat generated in the gas is dissipated by the water-cooled electrodes (diffusion cooling). Thus, the conventional gas circulation systems involving roots blowers or turbines are not required. The crucial advantage of this laser principle is that the laser gas neither needs to be circulated nor to be renewed permanently. That means that turbines and blowers susceptible to deterioration and service are eliminated. Thus, optics integrated into the resonator that are contaminated by flowing laser gas (especially the outcoupling windows) are a thing in the past.
Laser Cutting | Rofin DC Series Benefits
- Reliable, Fast and Low Maintenance
- Approved principle with highest industrial reliability
- High beam quality of K=0.95 for best application results: precise cutting and welding, increased process speeds for higher productivity.
- Low service requirements thanks to the robust, low-maintenance design.
- High availability by abolition of moving parts and low maintenance.
- Minimal gas consumption due to diffusion cooling-external gas supply is not required.
- Energy-saving standby operation with minimal energy consumption.
- Space saving construction due to compact design.
For more information or a qoute on the Laser Cutting | Rofin DC Series